Resume of Sillicon Planet Theatre Company.
This is our real job. We love the inspiration, the challenge and the performance. The lifting of spirits and enlivening of hearts.... the roar of the grease paint and smell of the crowd!
Chris and Lisa have a passion for the craft of clowning which translates as integrity in their work. Lisa Wingfield and Christopher Carrow have 25 years experience in the theatre / circus industry; performing, teaching, directing and performance production.
Our performance work is primarily in clown and our motivation is to spread joy and produce excellent comic clown theatre. As professional family entertainers we perform as 'Carrot and Pickle' the clowns. We draw from a wide range of circus skills and theatrical talents to create shows and have entertained at hundreds of events including - International conference events, National festivals, City Council and community shows nationally, Business Promotions nationally & locally, Company Parties regionally, Shopping Centers nationally & locally, Universities & School Shows nationally and Hospitals. In event management we have coordinated the planning, administration, marketing, promotion, accounting and Sponsorship of many private and community events.
In the teaching arena; 1994 we co-fgounded and developed the National Circus school in New Zealand called 'Circo Arts'. We were core tutors at this school for the last 14 years teaching clown and character work, comic technique, history, comparative studies and business. We have taught at other tertiary institutions including The University of Canterbury and NASDA: the National Academy of Singing and Dramatic Art. Over the last 25 years we have taught numerous workshops for the public in mime, drama, expressive language, mask, street theatre, art, puppetry, clown and physical theatre. We helped set up Clown Doctors N.Z. and Lisa is the South Island Trainer.
Directing: Over the last 15 years, we have produced, directed and choreographed a multitude of large-scale spectacle ensemble performances (groups of performers). These productions have included many corporate and conference events, For example: The grand opening of the significant 'Christchurch Theatre Royal', 'The Circus Proms': a collaboration with the Christchurch Symphony Orchestra and 'Child hope': a fundraiser for sick and underprivileged children.
We are founding members of the Contemporary Circus Trust, which is an organization whose purpose is to support and promote social development and well being through community circus.
Conference & Special Event Highlights 2000 to date
• New Zealand Arts Council "Year of the Family Tour" - 'Carrot and Pickle' Show.
• Caltex Conference - "Mime Character and Clown"
• Parent & Teacher Association of New Zealand - "Comic skits"
• Royal NZ General Practitioners Conference "Mime Doctors"
• International Golden Oldies Rugby Festival - "Crowd Maintenance"
• Roche Conference - "Medieval Characters"
• N.Z.. Institute of Environmental Health - "Circus spectacle"
• Young Presidents Association - "Circus spectacle"
• Christchurch Marathon - "Roving Acts"
• C.P.I.T. - "Launching new diploma in Event Management"
• Millennium Games - "Circus spectacle for Opening Ceremony"
• N.Z.. Road safety Trust- "Pedestrian awareness theatre"
• C.P.I.T. Ignition - "A Combined multi-diciplinary Symposium"
• "Circus Proms" collaboration with The Christchurch Symphony Orchestra
• "Tactix" NZ Netball team - "Promotional entertainment".
Festivals & Promotional Highlights 2000 to date
Numerous Private Company Parties and Community functions including: Carter Holt, Fulton Hogan, Jade software, Farmers, Mainzeal, McCains, Vodaphone, TelstraClear Comunications and Telecom.
• "Child Hope" Lions Club Christmas Gala Fundraiser
• Canterbury Food & Wine Festival (booked 7 years )
• Waipara Wine & Food Festival, Canterbury (booked 10 years)
• "Kids Fest", Christchurch (booked 10 consecutive years)
• Kumara Races, "roving pantomime horses" (booked 12 years)
• Sea Fest Kaikoura (booked 8 consecutive years)
• Akaroa Fest (booked 6 consecutive years)
• World Buskers Festival - Christchurch ( booked 3 years)
• Grand Opening of Renovated Christchurch Theatre Royal
Educational Presentations & Adult Tutoring 2000 to date
• Aoraki Polytechnic - "taught communication and co-operative activities for Diploma of Sport & Recreation" (12hrs)
• Canterbury Library - "disability awareness presentation" (4hrs)
• Te Whare Putea, Kaikoura -"clowning/ impro workshop" (20 hrs)
• National Academy of Singing & Dramatic Art - Teaching street theatre, clowning and iprovisation.
• Co-founded New Zealand's Circus school : 'CircoArts'. at C.P.I.T - tutors, teaching: - clown, comedy, character, mime, devising, tumbling, circus skills, improvisation, history and street theatre.
• C.P.I.T. Diploma sport and Recreation - taught communication, presentation and cooperative activities.
• Canterbury District Health Board - workshops in play and creative problem solving.